Power locks don’t work and only one window works

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
88 chevy k2500

Just as the title says.
for awhile i had to lock the doors by hand , and i randomly sprayed WD-40 in the key holes cause it was hard to unlock

and out of random i decided to push the lock button on the passenger side and, the doors locked for the first time in years.
then they stopped later on

i swapped the button around and it was still the same outcome, nothing worked.

i got a test light, grounded it, and back probed all the buttons and wires
the lock button on the driver side never got power
the window button (only one that works) got power
the button controlling passenger window got power but didn’t roll down

passenger side power lock button got power
and the window button didn’t get power

i’m sure the door lock actuators work cause they locked for a little. as for the window i think it could be the motor but not sure so any help would be appreciated

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
A lot of times the wires break where they bend in the door jamb, and it's hidden by the boot. The insulation can look OK but the wire is broken inside, so check there.

Also the sticky door locks is almost always due to gummed up old lube in the slider plastics on the inner door panel (the metal panel screwed into the door skin, behind the interior trim panel.) Cleaning that and the rod of the old lube then applying some fresh white lithium grease can help a lot.

Richard

Reaction score
A lot of times the wires break where they bend in the door jamb, and it's hidden by the boot. The insulation can look OK but the wire is broken inside, so check there.

Also the sticky door locks is almost always due to gummed up old lube in the slider plastics on the inner door panel (the metal panel screwed into the door skin, behind the interior trim panel.) Cleaning that and the rod of the old lube then applying some fresh white lithium grease can help a lot.

Richard
yeah i also checked that out and all the wires lol perfectly fine, and i saw that too. it’s like right behind the key cylinder right ?

i spray wd-40 on it and it worked just as good so that’s nice lol

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
No. It's behind the interior trim panel, as I said. You have to remove the trim panel, and the rods slide through plastic clips that are attached to the inner door panel; the same sheetmetal piece that holds the window regulator.

Gonna take a little bit more work than just shooting WD on stuff.

Richard

Reaction score
No. It's behind the interior trim panel, as I said. You have to remove the trim panel, and the rods slide through plastic clips that are attached to the inner door panel; the same sheetmetal piece that holds the window regulator.

Gonna take a little bit more work than just shooting WD on stuff.

Richard
and i agree but more looking to fix my power locks first .-.