Park lamp circuit short

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clebouef98

Reaction score
Having hell finding my issue, so bought a 92 C2500 8 lug 5 speed single cab, had to pull start it to get it running to drive 45 mins home but drove great, got home put a new battery in and it burnt a cell in the battery within 15 mins, found that with the battery completely disconnected i had 1.6 ohms (fluke multimeter) from main power and main ground wire where it would connect to the battery, got to digging and found if i undo the headlamp main feed wire from the junction box the short is gone, so i left that off and put another new battery in and with that undone everything that is not on that circuit works fine, it starts and runs and drives good, so i started digging into that circuit and found that if i remove the park lamp fuse, the short goes away, but it never blew the 20 amp fuse either, later found that there is only a short if the headlight switch is in the park lamp or on position but no short if headlight switch is off, im scratching my head, it does not make sense to me why the fuse wouldnt blow if the short appears to be opposite side of the fuse from the battery unless im thinking about it wrong,
You must be registered for see images attach
if anyone has seen this and has some insight i would greatly appreciate it, i have done some other playing and testing as well but thats what i feel is relevant to what i am seeing