Older options for a 93?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zacmorris

Reaction score
im really hoping someone here has some obscure knowledge of what was possible to order in 93. My truck was sold as a 93, on the title and the car fax. But the truck has moon gauges, dual sealed beam lights, and the complete harness from an 89. I talked to the local dealership and they sent me over a build sheet for it. The color was correct, the interior was correct, everything that the sheet specified was correct. The only thing that makes this confusing, is that it didn’t look like the majority of the harness had ever been messed with. Usually if I find something odd like that, it comes with tons of evidence that someone had taken everything apart. So that makes me wonder...did someone switch out the dash, harnesses, and lights with an older model, or could it have been possible that someone bought or ordered a 93 from a dealer with the older lights and gauges?

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt that was an option. That sounds like someone that knew what they was doing swapped it and made it look factory

OR you have a 88-90 with a 93 vin tag only reason i say that cause ive seen it happen around here

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im really hoping someone here has some obscure knowledge of what was possible to order in 93. My truck was sold as a 93, on the title and the car fax. But the truck has moon gauges, dual sealed beam lights, and the complete harness from an 89. I talked to the local dealership and they sent me over a build sheet for it. The color was correct, the interior was correct, everything that the sheet specified was correct. The only thing that makes this confusing, is that it didn’t look like the majority of the harness had ever been messed with. Usually if I find something odd like that, it comes with tons of evidence that someone had taken everything apart. So that makes me wonder...did someone switch out the dash, harnesses, and lights with an older model, or could it have been possible that someone bought or ordered a 93 from a dealer with the older lights and gauges?
Do all your VIN tags match? Glovebox, driver's door, and windshield? If they do then the truck hasn't been re-tagged like @Dropped88 said, if they all match, do the VIN decode in the VIN decode thread and see what that comes up with.

You can find the mentioned decode thread here --> https://www.gmt400.com/threads/vin-decoder.51712/page-6

Zacmorris

Reaction score
The glovebox! Haha I knew the sticker with the paint code and other options was gone, so I didn’t look (it’s out of the truck for other reasons at the moment) the frame and cab have the same numbers, but I found the glovebox and it still has the smaller sticker with a vin on it, and it’s different... very strange that someone would go through all that trouble to very nicely change out all that stuff to older stuff. Unless mine was more likely the victim of someone who wanted to switch to needle gauges and composite lights...