No sound out of the rear speakers(new)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eman_Odg

Reaction score
Hey guys I’m having audio issues when installing rear speakers. 94 c1500 Silverado EXT cab. I went ahead and popped out all the trim and plugged in a metra harness adapter and placed and screwed in but when I went to play a song I got nothing playing out of both the rears.The speakers are brand new DS18 4x6. The strange part is if I swap out the speakers for the front speakers(also DS18) they work perfect. Any idea what the issue could be. Head unit is a brand new JVC.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did the rears work before? If so, something wrong at the head unit end I'd guess. Adapter? If head unit new, settings?

Eman_Odg

Reaction score
Did the rears work before? If so, something wrong at the head unit end I'd guess. Adapter? If head unit new, settings?
No the rears were OE when I pulled them out. I’ve looked through all the settings on the head unit cranked the balance and fader all the way to the left and right side audio only coming from fronts. Only thing I have a guess on is the speakers don’t sit flush in the hole. The magnet doesn’t sit flush with the body. Could this cause any audio issues? Also I bought two pairs of adapters swapped with an unopened pair and no luck. Would hardwiring the speakers change anything?

RoyBob

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This may sound strange but i just had this issue turned out to be a Bad speaker and it was brand new !

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No the rears were OE when I pulled them out
Ok. So you are saying the rears didn't work before? Then it could be a wiring issue anywhere. Would have to look at your wiring manual to see where they run. Maybe up in headliner.
The magnet doesn’t sit flush with the body. Could this cause any audio issues?
No. Unless you're shorting out the terminals by it contacting the body's metal or something by the way they are sitting.
his may sound strange but i just had this issue turned out to be a Bad speaker and it was brand new !
OP said they work up front when he swapped them I believe