no door springs on my 97 silverado ext cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ocorral20

Reaction score
so i bought this truck recently and have been trying to fix everything... i ran into the all too common.. "door sag"
the drivers side down sags down alot.. and i ordered the bushings.. buttttt it has no spring.. its gone lol
i checked the passengers side and also gone.. wtf?
is it common for these to fall out?

Keeper

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Usually happens when the roller pin gives out and allows the spring catch arm to lose contact. Boing goes the spring. With an open door, look between the door and the a pillar into the bottom of the fender... it's a common place for the spring to end up.

jd33173

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe the po was going to fix it, took off the springs(which you would have to do), put them in a "safe place" annnnd bam you bought the truck. If its any consolation those involved will be wondering where these stupid springs came from every single time they are looking for something else..

jd33173

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Usually happens when the roller pin gives out and allows the spring catch arm to lose contact. Boing goes the spring. With an open door, look in the bottom of the fender... it's a common place for the spring to end up.
Or that.. :)