New Member from Kansas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dinobambam

Reaction score
Hi Folks... my name is Dean and i have a 1988 K2500 Silverado regular cab long bed with 90,000 miles. We found this truck in 2014 when our son graduated HS and was getting ready to go to Basic Training. Son and I were talking about finding a truck for him and I was telling him to save his money while at Basic when we drove by a local New Car Dealership and saw this truck sitting there. Curious as to why they would have an older truck for sale we stopped. At the time it had 50,000 miles on it and was pristine. Needless to say we bought it and then two weeks later it went into storage for almost 1-1/2 years as son's first duty station was Korea. Fast forward 8 years and son asked if I wanted it as it was just sitting in his driveway since he has a 2022 GMC 1500 Crew Cab to haul wife and two kids. Now it's my toy!

Wanting to accomplish: Rear drum to disk brake conversion; 3" suspension lift; Lighting upgrades; Light body work and paint; Power / Performance upgrades.

Will post a picture when I can.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Great find, welcome to the forum from Houston, Texas.
I've seen around here, and in other places too, that since these trucks are becoming "classics" that dealerships are getting ahold of nice examples and reselling them. I looked at 400 pickups for a few years before getting my crew cab a couple years ago (how time flies!!) and was seeing this even before then. There's a small lot I used to go by on my work commute, that had a nice, but high mileage Escalade. I was interested, if they'd drop the price. Apparently they didn't, or sold it and it came back, cause I was by there a few weeks ago and it was still there, at the back of the lot....

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hi Folks... my name is Dean and i have a 1988 K2500 Silverado regular cab long bed with 90,000 miles. We found this truck in 2014 when our son graduated HS and was getting ready to go to Basic Training. Son and I were talking about finding a truck for him and I was telling him to save his money while at Basic when we drove by a local New Car Dealership and saw this truck sitting there. Curious as to why they would have an older truck for sale we stopped. At the time it had 50,000 miles on it and was pristine. Needless to say we bought it and then two weeks later it went into storage for almost 1-1/2 years as son's first duty station was Korea. Fast forward 8 years and son asked if I wanted it as it was just sitting in his driveway since he has a 2022 GMC 1500 Crew Cab to haul wife and two kids. Now it's my toy!

Wanting to accomplish: Rear drum to disk brake conversion; 3" suspension lift; Lighting upgrades; Light body work and paint; Power / Performance upgrades.

Will post a picture when I can.
Welcome to the forum from Oregon, formally North of the River in Gladstone, Mo.

Having lived a lot of my life in KC, Mo. area and worked/ran shops there, I am very aware of what salt/rust will do to these frames/trucks. Be very aware of that and take care of what you have. Hope the frame/truck is already in great shape and rust has not attacked.