New heater control module doesn't open heat blend door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjpenny89

Reaction score
I have a 1995 K1500 with a bad heater control module. I bought a conversion wire kit to go to the 96+ control module. Everything works as it should except the new heater control module doesn't open the blend door to full heat. I have bought 2 cheap ones from Amazon and they do the same thing. If I install the old 95 module it moves the heat blend door in full motion. I picked one up at the scrap yard from a 96+ and it operates the blend door as it should but not air conditioning. It is summer so I put the cheap amazon module back in to have air for the summer. Now we are getting cool mornings and I need heat for the defroster. Has anyone else had problems with the 95 conversion harness to 96+ or do I need to find a better heater control module on line that actually controls the blend door?
Yes the blend door opens fully if I put the old factory control module in. It only opens half way with the new amazon ones. any suggestions?