New 454 SS Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Agar426

Reaction score
Just a quick introduction. In the next few weeks I will be taking possession of a '90 454 SS with 57k original miles. The truck is pretty much unmolested other than the center console has been replaced with a 3rd seat/flip up/down version that was common back then, and the bed has aluminum cleats on the bed rails for tie down locations. It's got a drop in bedliner, but it says "Chevy" on the sides, and has the Bow Tie on the bulkhead, so maybe it's OEM? Not sure on that, as I'm not up to speed on these trucks. Other than that, it's bone stock, in fantastic shape, and from what I understand is normal....no A/C, as it has leaked since new.

Not sure what the plan is for the truck. For now, I think all I will do is drive it and see what grabs me. I'll grab some pics as soon as I am able.

Agar426

Reaction score
welcome welcome!! Gotta love a virgin low mile 454! wheww, NICE FIND! Anyways, hope to see updates and upgrades in the future!
Sounds good! Speaking of upgrades, much of the info on this version of the 454 is 10 years old. The word back then was to get a "power package" from (pick your favorite brand), bolt it on, and that's as good as it got unless you want to take the engine apart. I'll start doing my research, including checking this forum out. A/C is for sure first on the list. Would love an OD transmission, but I need to see how much I drive it. For some reason, I have NASCAR truck series vibe rolling in my mind. Big brakes, bigger rubber, but not so much that it sticks out etc., but not too big of a deviation from stock. Time will tell....