Need help identifying this piece

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zodiac572

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new to the 95 GMC world this is from a C2500, can anyone explain what this black box does, i am not sure if it has ABS ? I know the reservoir is infront of the booster., looks like previous owner took the rear brake line out of it after he capped it off

Attachments

• 20240811_123341.jpg
    20240811_123341.jpg
    551.9 KB · Views: 13

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello everyone, new to the 95 GMC world this is from a C2500, can anyone explain what this black box does, i am not sure if it has ABS ? I know the reservoir is infront of the booster., looks like previous owner took the rear brake line out of it after he capped it off

It most definitely HAD abs to the rear for sure. Sometimes people disconnect from the abs to get a better pedal feel, or something else went wrong. That black box should be the brains of that system.

zodiac572

Reaction score
It most definitely HAD abs to the rear for sure. Sometimes people disconnect from the abs to get a better pedal feel, or something else went wrong. That black box should be the brains of that system.
Ya he definitely disconnected it because of a broken brake line, had to trace it to find out why it wasnt leaking after i disconnected the broken line, to find out its not connected at all

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lotsa folks do evil to the ABS because they can't be bothered to properly bleed it, or perform other maintenance/repairs.

You need to fix the "broken brake line", and then get an appropriate scan tool so the ABS can be bled, and the speed sensors verified.

Instructions attached.

Attachments

• 1990s_GM_Light_Truck_Kelsey_Hayes_ABS_Brake_Bleeding_Procedure_Ref_Cards.pdf
    130.2 KB · Views: 2