My old 454SS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BadCompany750

Reaction score
So my dad had a friend who bought a 1990 454SS new. One day he decided to sell it. Two guys were interested and came by too look at it and.......they stole it. He got the truck back after some time but my dad can't remember what happened to the truck. Whether the insurance company kept it or he got it back from them somehow. Fast forward to 2014, my dad works at a dealership body shop. He says they have the 454SS and they will sell it to him for $2000. He tells me, I scrape up the money and go get it. I never loved a truck more in my life. The vin # on the dash was completely scratched off from it being stolen and someone riveted a small metal tag with the vin on the inside edge of the drivers door. It wasn't all original but what made it a 454SS was there. The 7.4L giant, the 3 speed trans., the 14 bolt rear end, the 110 MPH cluster, the bucket seats. Whoever had it before me tore up the transmission. I drove it for a few months and the finally gave out on my way home from work. Luckily, my dad had a spare TH400 he let me have. The motor had a BAD rear main seal leak. I finally had enough money to pay someone to replace it, but while they were doing it, they found that a groove had been made in the crankshaft. I could not afford to fix it properly. They replaced the seal, but it started leaking again a couple months later. The odometer read about ~160,000 when I bought it and I sold it in 2017 with over 200,000 miles for $6500. I drove that truck to 25 miles to and from work 4-5 times a week. I never loved a truck more in my life. But I had to sell it. I was married with one kid and another one the way. I just needed a truck with more than seats.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: