My ac blower is driving me crazy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xxl2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The fan wont work on any speed. I took the fan out and got around a reading a 12 v on speeds 1-3 then when i turned it on hi nothing then. So i hooked up a new motor my voltage gos to zero and the fan wont come on. Take the motor off i get a reading. Then i replaced the resitor nothing changed. What should my next step be?

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry ima bit slow... so your sure your blower switch is good? There's contacts that go back and does the symptoms your talking about

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The blower uses a relay (next to the resistor) for high speed. See if you have battery voltage on the red (542) and orange (52) wires with switch on high.

Are you checking these voltages using the blower ground wire as your meter ground or just to a spot on the chassis?

You must be registered for see images attach

Xxl2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the plug on the fan switch looked a bit melted i should get a replacment and wire it in Where can i get a replacment?>