my 98 stepside project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Time flies.. I wanted a step side back then, and couldn't afford one.. Had an S-10.. I remember the first step side id seen was a maroon color with the fender flair and ground effects kit.. had deep ass aluminum hurricane rims with low profile tires.. and about a 4/6 drop.. dark tint, couldn't see in it.. It was (for the time) bad as hell.. And now several years later i find this project that some poor air force dude had to sell.. Finally have a damn step side :)

My truck was a year-late graduation gift. I knew I wanted a fullsize truck. The main requirements were '90+ (composite lights), V8, power windows and locks and a/c. Beyond that, I didn't really care. Long bed, short bed, sportside, 305, 350...Didn't matter. On a Friday evening, I was out running around with some friends and I had actually cruised the used car lots to see what was out there. I saw nothing. When I got home that night my dad told me we were going to go look at a truck in the morning. It came from one of the lots I had looked at. My uncle was a salesman for one of their smaller lots. My parents had been out looking and saw this truck before I had gotten there. My uncle went and took it to his lot and set it aside. We showed up the next morning, test drove it and signed the papers. The rest is history.

Nah. Doesn't ring a bell.

Reaction score
History indeed! .....thats the guy who had to sell the truck.. that i now have chopped the fk out of..lol

he later put a beat up step side bed from a Z-71 on it.. he lied about the dash.. its spray painted, and now sitting behind my shed along with the spray painted door panels and crap lol... 3g.. was a good deal to me :)

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok... some strange pics for a good question... I have been contemplating these colors for quite a while.. First pic will be of a phone, its a pearl white with a metallic red and i really like how the colors go together.. Would it look good on my truck if it were two toned white bottom and red top.. Next is a color that i have the code for, and originally wanted to paint the truck this color solid.. or even as a top color and a platinum pearl white bottom?
You must be registered for see images attach

...looks better in person.

and the green..
You must be registered for see images attach

Any thought or opinions on these?

Why do i have a strange feeling ima end up blue.............

Man I'll be honest with you I like them all including the color primer you have now!

Reaction score
I need to redo mine soon is why i asked lol... Idunno what color to use... I cant possibly match the made up color ive got..and i ran out when i did the steps