my 98 stepside project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I wont do 100+ with mine.. I did 100 just once to see how high the bag would go.lol.. Idunno what the front will take to get ride height, but the rear hits it only 45, and ive been running them on 80 till i do the front just to help clear stuff.. And on that note, i know allot of people bash on doing bag on axle.. but since ive put my shocks on.. I keep forgetting i have bags. Its honestly smoother than the factory springs.
I really appreciate everyone's input on how to seal the fittings! I feel allot better in doing it now :)

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Youve done allot of bags.. And i trust your opinion, ima get some dope. lol man that sounds bad..:smokin: I may try the dope stick where its easy access just to see how the stuff does.

That's hilarious! Be sure to post up if the DOPE work's!

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting to hear that it ride's good, because I may end doing BOA on my dually because I plan to tow and haul heavy loads alot. On the front of my truck it takes about 125 to get full lift, but it's really heavy, I have gone as high as 150 momentarily though.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I only use Slam Specialties RE 7's, but I have used Firestone's and also Airlift, and that's why I use Slam's now.

Reaction score
I have the new SS7s , ive heard a sleeve rides better on axle.. but the SSs are riden pretty damn smooth to me :) Would the HE8s be better for the towing? They hold way more air, and have the same height as the 7s.. plus you get two 1/2" ports :)

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I would probably run the 8's and just plug the second port, less psi to lift and smoother ride.

Reaction score
I wanna see the dually bagged :) man ive gotta find one some day .... found a mid 80s CC on CL for 1400, but its just not quite the same as a GMT400..lol

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I had an 80 model, and I like them but it's not a 400. I did have 2 67-72 bodystyle truck's I really like those too.

Reaction score
oh hell yeah! Id like a 68, love how the front rounded off :) If the one on CL wasn't the square boxy looking thing, id jump on it!