my 98 stepside project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The lock tight that I am talking about is different than that, it is just for threaded connections such as air, gas, etc, check it out on suicidedoors website, etc. also the sealer I use is good to really high psi, I have even used on npt Hydraulic connection's, I will get you the name of it, my local hardware store carries it.

Reaction score
The lock tight that I am talking about is different than that, it is just for threaded connections such as air, gas, etc, check it out on suicidedoors website, etc. also the sealer I use is good to really high psi, I have even used on npt Hydraulic connection's, I will get you the name of it, my local hardware store carries it.

Thanks man! Im really not wanting to use this tape :)

Reaction score
Sounds like a win

Yea, when i seen the guy had the filler pieces tacked in to keep it lined up.. I thought itd be cool to french in some billet there.. I like the bumpers you can buy thet have it already done. But a taller bumper with it would be fkn sexy :) Id like to mimic the grill with the rounded corners..

Reaction score
.........Suicidedoors is now QAR!! Quality air ride (formally suicidedoors)......... wtf?

But loctite 545 is what they sell..lol They say just a drop per fitting?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah that's the stuff, and it work's good, but so does the stuff I use, and yeah WTH is up with that QAR? Also yeah I don't like teflon tape, it almost always leak's with air.

Reaction score
Yeah, ive never had a problem ever with usen it on water connections. but even on my tools, it lasts a few weeks or even months.. then you get the infamous hiss lol.
Ever tried a "dope stick"? Its like a grease crayon and better than the liquid dope supposedly..:think:

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No I've never tried that, but I have had exactly the same problem's with the tape that you mentioned.

Reaction score
Youve done allot of bags.. And i trust your opinion, ima get some dope. lol man that sounds bad..:smokin: I may try the dope stick where its easy access just to see how the stuff does.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
we used pipe dope on my brothers dodge and his bags are at 100psi..... not sure what yours goes to, but he has no issues