my 98 stepside project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Here is a wonderful notice to anyone wanting to bag there truck.. I just learned these the hard way today.. Brace at the very rear of frame? Bad idea.. You lose the bed mounting hole. And have to cut the inner lip off the rear of the bed floor.So slide it forwards a few inches. Also i raised my gas tank a little to high.lol, had to trim both the braces that ran across it. Was fun mounting a bed five times in a row..lol.. Lesson learned tho :)

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I have my rear brace just in front of the back bed bolt holes, and I already had the area above my gastank cut out so I had never run it to that. Your truck sure is coming along good though, can't wait to see that front on the ground!

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the teflon paste in a tube, I can't remeber the name, but I can get it for you if you need, and also Loctite makes some good thread sealer, it's what suicide door's sell's but it need's to cure for 24 hours before being pressurized, and the teflon paste can be put into imediate service.

Reaction score
I wanna see that bumper finished damn it maybe you could go that route with it. Then do what this guy did as well and have the best of both worlds. Its about halfway down the page

Ive thought about doing that, but kinda recess it in some with curved corners..

Reaction score
I seen the liquid tape at the Depot, it says 120 PSI max, would it work on a daily driver? I wont be trien to bounce like a lowrider or anything. But impacts like potholes and such would exert allot of pressure rite? And idunno about lock tight, they have the red,blue,and white..