Mr. Jangles 99 K3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no problem with torque sticks. They aren't super accurate, but lugnuts don't need super accuracy. Your goal is to get the wheel tight without warping it. Stamped steel wheels are sensitive to being equally torqued. Aluminum wheels less so, but they still need to be evenly tightened.

The problem wasn't torque sticks, it was a technician who should have sensed there was a problem, or more likely skipped torquing and blamed the torque stick.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have no problem with torque sticks. They aren't super accurate, but lugnuts don't need super accuracy. Your goal is to get the wheel tight without warping it. Stamped steel wheels are sensitive to being equally torqued. Aluminum wheels less so, but they still need to be evenly tightened.

The problem wasn't torque sticks, it was a technician who should have sensed there was a problem, or more likely skipped torquing and blamed the torque stick.
I guess I don't know much about them. I like to know how things work and no one can really tell me how they work. On somethings the PFM line doesn't set well with me.
From what I was told it was a faulty impact something went wrong when it was rebuilt. But I agree that the tech should have sensed that something was wrong. I got a little info out of the service writer and the tech thinks he does nothing wrong and when something comes back it wasn't his fault it was someone else that did it. Next time I take something in I am going to request that he doesn't touch anything of mine.