Member Ranks...(?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zimmerly

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a question that may have been answered, and I apologize if that's the case. I've searched the page, but maybe I overlooked something.

I've been a member since 2020, and though I haven't posted as much as others, I'm still ranked a "Newbie" after 4 years.
Don't get me wrong- I'm not complaining whatsoever, but It makes me curious as to what the thresholds are for rank promotion.
If there is a page already explaining this, can someone please point me in the right direction?
Thanks!
-Jacob

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you're referring to the title that appears under your user name when you post, pretty sure you just graduated to "OBS Enthusiast" after making this post (number 50). :lol:

FYI though, that title really doesn't mean anything, and you can edit it to say whatever you want at any time. To do so, click your avatar in the top right corner of the page, and then click "Account Details." You should see a field that says "Custom Title" there. Whatever you type there will appear under your user name whenever you post.

The only real account upgrade that members can achieve here is "full access membership," which is automatically enacted once an account has been active for six months and made 100 posts. Full access members are allowed to post threads in the classifieds section, and gain access to a few other areas like The Lounge.

Last edited:

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you're referring to the title that appears under your user name when you post, pretty sure you just graduated to "OBS Enthusiast" after making this post (number 50). :lol:

FYI though, that title really doesn't mean anything, and you can edit it to say whatever you want at any time. To do so, click your avatar in the top right corner of the page, and then click "Account Details." You should see a field that says "Custom Title" there. Whatever you type there will appear under your user name whenever you post.

The only real account upgrade that members can achieve here is "full access membership," which is automatically enacted once an account has been active for six months and made 100 posts. Full access members are allowed to post threads in the classifieds section, and gain access to a few other areas like The Lounge.
X-2. It's not a mater of how long you've been a member, it's more set up so that, how many post you have, gives you more access. It doesn't really mean much, until you reach 100 post, or more. It's just how things are set up. We are all members, and are all part of the family of GMT 400 owners. If you choose to post often, that's fine, and if not, that's fine too. As @df2x4 mentioned, the only privilege you gain, comes with 100 post or more, granting you access to more areas of the forum. No one will hold it again you for less than 100 post.

Zimmerly

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
:Big Laugh: Before I even saw the reply, I noticed this and came back to say something about it.
Lol, That really is pretty funny!!

Great, thanks. It was just something I had been wondering. I had a feeling my rank was a reflection of the amount of posts and other contributions. I appreciate the speedy reply!
-Jacob

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:Big Laugh: Before I even saw the reply, I noticed this and came back to say something about it.
Lol, That really is pretty funny!!

Great, thanks. It was just something I had been wondering. I had a feeling my rank was a reflection of the amount of posts and other contributions. I appreciate the speedy reply!
-Jacob
I was wondering this too, thanks for asking!