LG Billet handle install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Padams8888

Reaction score
Finishing up some details before I put my interior back in. Picked these LG Billet grab handles up last week. 2 for the passenger side and 1 for the drivers side where there was not one before. Used metal rivnuts and the handle as a stencil. Looks like it's going to work out great!
You must be registered for see images attach

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
I plan on buying some parts from them soon. I was going to do the grab handles, but I feel they'll look too much out of place against the gray interior.

I'm going to do the black column shifter and black door vents for my '98 so it should look pretty decent.

vince72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the billet handles and since new the passenger handle is hard to open. I reached out MANY times to LG Billet and they have not replaced it even though I have an email stating they would..stay away from them I would order from LS Billet they are much more helpfull

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the billet handles and since new the passenger handle is hard to open. I reached out MANY times to LG Billet and they have not replaced it even though I have an email stating they would..stay away from them I would order from LS Billet they are much more helpfull
These are the grab handles. Did you shorten up the rods for your door handle? That will help.

@GoToGuy ive hit my head against my billet handle. It hurt.

Last edited:

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do they fit all the grab hand positions, the stock passenger one on the A pillar is different the the ones that run along the roof. it seems GM expected the driver to use the steering wheel as the grab handle, really bugs me that its not a symmetrical design for each side

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do they fit all the grab hand positions, the stock passenger one on the A pillar is different the the ones that run along the roof. it seems GM expected the driver to use the steering wheel as the grab handle, really bugs me that its not a symmetrical design for each side
Mine is installed on the A pillar with no modifications. Their website says they fit the roof and A pillar.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The forward A pillar on driver's side would interfere with getting behind the wheel. More entry room on passenger side. And yes human nature would instinctivly use the steer wheel to assist in entry.

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
The forward A pillar on driver's side would interfere with getting behind the wheel. More entry room on passenger side. And yes human nature would instinctivly use the steer wheel to assist in entry.
F-word super duty trucks have had a driver A-pillar grab handle, a LARGE one, since at least some point in the mid 2000-teens. I'm not an F-word lover so I'm not sure, but I do know since the 2017 body style change, and the trucks before that which was a recycled cab for many, many years, but the interior changed a few times over that run.

More than a few times I've been maneuvering in tight parking lots to load up a vehicle and been watching out the back window, steering quickly to get into position, and whacked my fingers on that stupid driver side handle.

It's nice to use it to haul yourself up on the running boards, though.

Richard