Keyless entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tharvie27

Reaction score
I have a 1997 gmc c1500 sle im trying to program my key fob but when I jump pin 4 & 8 nothing happens… says look for code AU0 but mine shows AU3 can anyone help me out tia

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would I be able to put the receiver in to have keyless entry or would I have to go aftermarket
If you could get the parts, I’m not sure your harness is set up for it, likely not. More importantly, why would you, compared to aftermarket, the original system doesn’t work nearly as good.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I went from powerless doors to full power with factory keyless, it's not hard at all... You will need the crossbody harness and the wiring harnesses for both doors to do it right (because your existing power locks are wired differently from how keyless lock systems are), but even my powerless 97 Sierra had the necessary wiring in place for that crossbody harness to plug into and just work. It's not possible to just plug in the keyless receiver and go, however. There's no connector for it and much of the required wiring is missing in non-keyless trucks.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Doesn't have AOU as required option. Yet continues and wonders why it doesn't work? :think: