Interpreting O2 Sensor Data - 1999 5.7 Vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kephas

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've noticed over the past year that my Suburban mpg has been worse than before and that it smells "richer" than it did before.

As far as I know, the O2 sensors in my Suburban have never been replaced, so I logged the data on my drive home from work so see if anything stood out.

I put the data in the attached Excel file and made graphs of each sensor. There are some flat line readings in the Pre-Cat sensors. I was watching the data while driving and these always happened under acceleration and deceleration, not at idle. Another thing of note is that the Long-Term Fuel Trims are very inconsistent while driving normally, going from ~-10 to as high as +12-15.

For all you diagnostic junkies out there, does this data suggest that my O2 sensors need to be replaced? Also, please don't comment about deleting the Post-Cat sensors, I'm not going to do that.

Thanks!

Attachments

• O2 Sensors Data.zip
    782.7 KB · Views: 2

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the voltage isn't varing constantly adjusting up down, 1, 2, 3 times a second. And you can't remember when, get all 4 and change them. The get old and sluggish, lazy, and the computer depends on them for mixture.
I install new ones every other year, odd years for 95 truck, even for 98 Tahoe. I use NGK/ NTK brand they are quality brand.