Headlight tap from dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jose7598

Reaction score
Is there any way to tap into the headlights without using the wires directly by the bulb? I want to add interiors lights that turn on with the headlights but don't want to run wire that far if unnecessary

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Is there any way to tap into the headlights without using the wires directly by the bulb? I want to add interiors lights that turn on with the headlights but don't want to run wire that far if unnecessary
Look in the wiring diagrams in the factory service manual. Free download links in the Engine section, pinned to the top of the list. The dash lights would be a simple spot to tap in but you'll want to be careful not to overload the circuit.

Richard

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The dash lights would be a simple spot to tap in but you'll want to be careful not to overload the circuit.

Richard
Agreed - though side lights (as we in the UK call the low wattage bulbs that come on before headlights) would bring on the intended interior lights - if acceptable to OP. A relay would cover your overload concern. Which would avoid complications arising from both beams being on simultaneously because of taps at the headlights - relays or diodes needed to avoid that.