Got a period-correct USA-1 tag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I wouldn't have guessed that! No inspections here, never had a cop care about other decorative plates.
We are fixing to not have safety inspection here, after the first of the year. That is all any vehicles 25 years old or older were required to have. The newer vehicles in certain more populated counties will still have to have annual emissions inspections. Those can be hard to pass if your rig has problems that are hard to diagnose and repair, or if the inspector is not competent.
A lot of people don't run a front tag here (we have a bunch of Louisiana immigrants in the greater Houston area and LA doesn't run front tags) but you can be ticketed for it.
We are currently trying to get the crew cab properly registered and get the Classic Truck plates for it. The information on where you have to go, for what part of vehicle titling and registration, is so ridiculous, and it's a different thing, every time you ask someone. And ya gotta have an appointment (thanks COVID!) and those take time to get. Spent a couple hours this morning, going from one place to another, with only a run around to show for it. Finally, it was "f this, I gotta get to work". We tried to get some information over the phone, "we don't do any of that over the phone, you have to come in person". We tried to "come in person" , y'all didn't have any parking available! Problem is, it's a small suburb and if you got a citation, chances are very good that you don't live there. So you are just a dumba$$ providing their little burg some revenue....

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
The most freedom state in the entire union makes you run c0mmi3 front plates? Meanwhile the blue state of MI runs only rear plates and has no emissions checks. :deal:
Yep.... we've had R's in state gov't for decades, and none of them are car guys. Mostly they just mess stuff up.... Going to Cancun when the state is suffering through a terrible (for us anyway) winter storm, when there were massive power outages and people were literally freezing to death in their homes, for one of the more extreme examples.....
Meanwhile, I see junk piles on the road that should be fixed or scrapped, every day, WITH safety inspection. So explain to me how the roads will be safer without them???

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
It would suk, but so does 9° in a fast approaching gulag.
Texas is hot in the summer, but I would figure Michigan is warm too. And here, pretty much everything is air conditioned, whereas in the north, northeast and Midwest, that may not be the case. And most of the time, our winters are mild. Just the occasional freeze...the extreme winter storms the last few years are anomalies. So we're told anyway....

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
D’s have been in control in CA for decades and their goal is electric(and not just for CA). Even though they have rolling brown outs with still mostly gas vehicles. :oops:
What can I say, incompetence is rampant in both parties.
A lot of these things happen because the infrastructure is old, worn out, and in desperate need of upgrade. But nobody wants to pay for fixing it....