gen 6 454 carbureted intake won't fit???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
trying to install a edelbrock air gap intake on my gen 6 454 and the head to manifold mating surfaces appear to be different angles. bolt holes also slightly off also. any ideas????

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Faulty machining of the Edelbrock manifold would be my first guess.

I went a couple years with a Mark IV block, Gen 6 Vortec heads, and an RPM Q-Jet manifold on my boat. There "shouldn't" be any problem with the Vortec heads preventing the manifold from fitting.

This isn't a matter of the block decks and/or the head decks being milled, so the manifold is now too wide to fit into the space between the heads...right? HOW are the manifold bolt-holes "off"?

Reaction score
Faulty machining of the Edelbrock manifold would be my first guess.

I went a couple years with a Mark IV block, Gen 6 Vortec heads, and an RPM Q-Jet manifold on my boat. There "shouldn't" be any problem with the Vortec heads preventing the manifold from fitting.

This isn't a matter of the block decks and/or the head decks being milled, so the manifold is now too wide to fit into the space between the heads...right? HOW are the manifold bolt-holes "off"?
Bolt holes are close. Manifold has a couple nubs on each side that may be hitting the heads just right. going to mess with it more tomorrow. thanks for your thought truly appreciated.