Finding/fixing lower driver seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawkward

Reaction score
I went to grab my wallet out of my back pocket last night, heard a loud pop and now the left front corner of my drivers seat isn't attached. It's squeaked for long time but I'm thinking it may have been breaking the whole time. I can't find a replacement anywhere online. Everything I'm seeing is for seat covers or other upholstery options. Where do I find a lower seat frame? The riser seams fine it's just the frame that the cushion attaches to that seems to be broken.

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
You didn't give us the year/model so I'll guess it's a 95-up as those seem to be more prone to seat frame breakage, in my experience. I've seen a few carefully repaired by welding the break but obviously you risk burning up the seat foam and covering with heat and sparks. Be sure you cover the work area very well and take care.

Otherwise, boneyard for the seats.. but if yours are in otherwise good condition, I'd repair instead of hunt.

Richard

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
I don't know how to weld but it does sound like an interesting idea.
Not to discourage you from learning new stuff, but this isn't a job you want to learn on. The material is thin so it's easy to blow through it. Pay an experienced welder a few bucks to do it right. It's a quick and simple job for someone that knows what they're doing and has their equipment ready to fire up.

All that said, that's assuming your seat is otherwise in good condition. If the upholstery or foam is ratty, then the boneyard might turn up something better.

Richard