Finally got myself a GMT400, '94 C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
well may as well give a truck update here, more as a note to my future self.

anyone that saw my previous question about the transmission, disregard it, it ended up being a rear axle problem.

so I was dealing with an incessasntly loud whining noise since january that I finally got diagnosed as a rear axle, took it to a shop, it's now professionally rebuilt. However due to him being unable to find a 3.08 Posi from his sources, it's now regeared to a 3.23 posi, with 80w-90 conventional with posi additive used for the gear oil as per the manufacturer's instructions. However, the celebration was short lived as now the oil pressure gauge is being extremely funky. got an oil change done and now when slowing down, but not always, the gauge just starts erratically jumping between 0 and where it's supposed to be. I'm suspecting electrical issues but I'll get a mechanical gauge on it tomorrow to make sure it's not mechanical and I'll be figuring it out from there.

needless to say, this truck is seemingly turning into a long term restoration project now as time goes on lmao
Probably the oil pressure gauge issue is the sending unit is going bad. My Burb did this a couple of years ago, and the crew cab is currently doing it. I check the oil, and it's not making noise, so it's just super annoying. Hopefully I'll be able to see to it soon....poor truck needs an oil change too.