Evaporator replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
AC not blowing cold air. (Besides the fact that fan speed 1 and 2 won’t work). Started to troubleshoot and did my best to clean out the evaporator and blower motor housing. Does this evaporator look like it should be replaced? Definitely tried not to bend any fins.

Attachments

• IMG_7051.jpeg
    IMG_7051.jpeg
    561.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7049.jpeg
    IMG_7049.jpeg
    402.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7052.jpeg
    IMG_7052.jpeg
    559.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7047.jpeg
    IMG_7047.jpeg
    351.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7048.jpeg
    IMG_7048.jpeg
    339.6 KB · Views: 11

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How is the refrigerant charge?

I doubt that I’d worry about those fins, much less want to take the dash down to replace it unless it’s leaking refrigerant.

For the loss of blower speeds 1 and 2, disconnect the resistor and see if you have 12V on the pins (yellow and tan wires) when 1 and 2 speeds are selected. If you do, then swap the resistor. If you don’t, check the connector at the blower switch on the panel. Wiggle the connector to see if the fan kicks on. Some of its pins may just be bent or something. If it’s melted or damaged (leaving a black residue on the blower switch pins) the connector can be replaced. You can either clean up the blower switch’s pins or replace it.

If that connector is burnt and the blower has rust on it, check for a leaking windshield cowl vent screw directly above the blower in the intake. It lets rain into the blower housing and floods the passenger carpet.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach