Error Codes after MAF Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin Rogers

Reaction score
I have a 2000 C3500 with the 454. I have replaced to MAF just due to age, thought it wouldn’t hurt. The first one replaced with a Blue Streak MAF and after the second warm up cycle I am getting code P0172 and P0175, also had O2 sensor codes but dont remember them. Replaced O2 sensors and those codes went away. No error codes with the factory AC Delco one. Returned that one, possibly faulty. Installed the 2nd one and same P0172 and P0175 codes, no O2 codes. Reinstall the original and no codes. Returned the second one and this time ordered a Delphi MAF, installed it and once agin on the second warm up cycle I’m getting the same error codes again 0172 and 0175 and also no O2 codes. Any thoughts, thought I was doing the right thing, replacing the 24 year old one, but apparently not.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
There is not a valid reason to replace a functioning sensor unless you are checking the function of the of the original against a known good unit. As you can see it leads to problems that you did not have. Reinstall the original sensor and run it until it gives up the ghost.