Does a proper parallel flow condenser exist at this point?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sneakingfart

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a 1999 suburban that needed a new condenser due to a leak. I replaced it before with a unit I got from rockauto, but it didn't really look like the original. The original had smaller tubes and more of them, this is the opposite. It fits fine and cools fine (I think anyway), but it does struggle if it's really hot and the rear ac is on. I do think the original is more efficient. All the ones on rockauto look the same except maybe for the police package model. Does anyone have any experience with this, or should I just leave what I have? Thanks.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a 1999 suburban that needed a new condenser due to a leak. I replaced it before with a unit I got from rockauto, but it didn't really look like the original. The original had smaller tubes and more of them, this is the opposite. It fits fine and cools fine (I think anyway), but it does struggle if it's really hot and the rear ac is on. I do think the original is more efficient. All the ones on rockauto look the same except maybe for the police package model. Does anyone have any experience with this, or should I just leave what I have? Thanks.
Apparantly a proper 34" wide parallel flow condenser for a dual A/C SUV does not exist.

I ran into the same issue on the 1987 G20 van. They do not even sell a condenser that bolts properly in place on them.

I do not know who is signing off on all these lemons coming from China but it is embarassingly bad.

sneakingfart

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparantly a proper 34" wide parallel flow condenser for a dual A/C SUV does not exist.

I ran into the same issue on the 1987 G20 van. They do not even sell a condenser that bolts properly in place on them.

I do not know who is signing off on all these lemons coming from China but it is embarassingly bad.
Thanks, thats unfortunate but it is what it is. I previously ordered two, different brands (the one I kept was Denso, and I had high hopes for it), but unfortunately they were identical.