Does a horn qualify as audio or electronics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

unstable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
more like electrical but I hope this is the right place. Are these trucks notorious for horn failure or what? I had another 89 silverado where the horn didn't work. I don't think I bothered trying to figure it out but I'm going to have to trace this problem to get this rig inspected. I don't want to go ghetto and just have a seperate horn button mounted on the dash

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 89's horns went out too.

In my 97 I bought air horns and wired them into the stock circuit and took out the old horns. Thats just the way I like it.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
train horns may be on my buy list this summer... but is there enough room behind the grille to mount them?

as far as them going out, i would get you a test light, and a buddy to hold down teh horn button.. see if you get power to the horn, and start tracing it back. i beileve its ran off a relay somewhere

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It depends on what you have behind your grille.

I have two coolers. So I have no room... whatsoever.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
As much as i want a set of train horns they're way down on the list of mods unless i run across a killer deal

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just wanted something other than stock horns... Didn't matter to me what they sounded like...

But now, I want something with a deeper louder tone