Dash swap 98 chevy 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turboduck

Reaction score
So I did a 5.7 to a 7.4 swap both vortec and exchanged the 4l60e for a 4l80e because why not went this far might as well go all the way. Problem, the engine harness that came with the engine was a different year than the original harness had i been smart i wouldve just used existing harness cause they interchange the 5.7 harness works with the 7.4 just gotta extend a few wires. So all that being said the engine harness plugs into the bulk head plug for the interior dash harness, but the wiring does not match because the different years the wires move around in the plug. ...lol so I pulled a engine harness and dash from a wrecking yard truck and installed it all into my pickup. In my infinite wisdom I was not paying attention to the fact that my door windows, mirrors, locks, are electric and the dash I got from the doner vehicle was not electric it had manual windows. Which obviously the new dash doesn't have the harness to accommodate my electric windows. So my question is can anyone provide a pin out diagram, for the window switch plug from the inside the door that plugs into to the harness leading into the dash cause there is obviously no plug anymore. The plug If I remember is a good sized white rectangle plug like the plug that comes in from the engine compartment on the passenger side under the glove box. I could be wrong but I can't seem to find that plug on this dash but it's on the old dash. I just want my windows to work again. Thank you thank you it's hot here with windows up it's worse.

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Go check out all of these, great resource on this amazing forum.