Burban barn doors leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
UPDATE- ordered precision seal from JEGS DWB 113092, will update once it is installed to see if it fixes my problem.

I fixed my burbans third brake light leak for now fingers crossed my headliner is staying dry , but I took the weather seal off the back of the cab cleaned it extra good and cleaned the metal really good , when I run the hose down the roof and sit in the back I see water coming out of both the top corners on the driver and passenger side dripping onto the floor excessively I noticed when putting the seal back on that those corners do not seat well at all they are very loose. This leads me to believe that this is one of the recall seals being it is a 99 gmc k1500 Burban. I know some on here say the lmc ones aren’t good quality like they use to be so if someone can provide a link for a good weather seal that would be awesome or if someone has used the lmc one I will go with that , or is there any other fixes like silicone, rtv etc and if I get the new seal should I lay down a silicone bead underneath for good measure thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Update new seal from jegs had to be cut as it was to long , no it’s not leaking in the cab corners but the passenger side door is leaking from that weird little triangle rubber piece in corner I believe it is worn out and the adhesive that holds it is toast just ordered it from lmc along with the mid strip for good measure , hopefully this finally fixes leak I can’t stand it anymore