Brake Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Ok, so ive owned my truck for over 3 years, NEVER have replaced any of the brake parts.

So last paycheck i decided to purchase New calipers and Pads (Truck was pulling to right slightly) I purchased Cermaic ATE Pads, And fernco calipers.

Here comes problem number one

under normal driving, truck still pulls slightly to passenger side (Not as bad as before, and truck was just aligned before it was parked)

If im at a stoplight or drivethru for awhile with my foot on the brake, my DRIVERS side caliper will try to LOCK up, you can smell it and it gets extremely hot.

any ideas fellas? Ive already returned and got a replacement caliper for drivers side, EXACT same problem.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have had this pulling problem on several 88-98's I have owned and it's alway's been the brake line, one line is expanding more than it should, go get yourself a new pair of front brake lines and call it a day, or if you want really firm brakes put braided lines on there, I have them and really like them. Also never change just one front brake line, it will pull hard to one side if you do.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried installing a set of stainless steel brake line on my old Jeep, couldnt get them off without severely twisting the metal lines that go to them, is there a trick that I should know??

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The stainless braided lines that I bought from Earl's were exact replacement's for the rubber lines, so I am not sure what the problem would be.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The ones I bought fit perfectly, but I couldnt get the old ones off. It wasnt happening.....didnt want to use heat, you know, with the flames, and the burning brake fluid, and the flagen....

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The ones I bought fit perfectly, but I couldnt get the old ones off. It wasnt happening.....didnt want to use heat, you know, with the flames, and the burning brake fluid, and the flagen....

Yes can I say big explosion!