Are the risers on the DRIVERS side section of a 60/40 seat all the same?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeybsyc

Reaction score
I have a regular cab 93 Chevy with its factory gray 60/40 seat. The drivers seat had a huge burn mark in it but the passenger section is mint. i found a used 60/40 on Marketplace that was apparently out of an extended cab because it has 2 levers on the drivers side seat vs 1 on my existing seat, and also has a plastic cover for the seat riser itself. The riser looks to be the same underneath though. I've read that the middle bracket needs shortened if using a 60/40 from an extended cab in a regular cab, but never heard anything about modifying the drivers section, as the middle bracket is actually the inner riser on the passenger seat that bolts to the transmission hump. Since I'm not removing the exisiting passenger section, I assumed I could just use the drivers section of the new seat, complete with the risers already attached to it, since that seat simply bolts flat to the drivers side floorboard. I just bolted it up and it sits level and the backrests of both sections seem to line up perfectly at the top (headrests are even and level) but now my drivers seat sits about 1-2" lower than the factory passenger side section where the 60/40 butt up to each other. is this simply a result of the seat i just put in being worn/settled in more than the original one was, or are there different riser brackets for the drivers section on an extended cab 60/40 vs a regular cab 60/40?

joeybsyc

Reaction score
Looks like the risers are the same on both of my driver's seats, so it must just be the foam has settled in on the one I just replaced the original with. I guess that's the kinda stuff that can happen when you use portions of 2 different 60/40 seats together. i was worried about color match, as it's obvious both have faded a bit compared to the cloth under the headrests, but the match is dead on there... just the lower seat cushion height between the 60/40 parts are different, which I never thought could be an issue.