Amp remote wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
So I have a parasite drain. It's been a fight. Some idiot left the cb on. Well it won't receive anything other than WX now. Anyways, it's now turned off n still have a parasite drain. Everything I've read said to run the amp remote wire direct to the battery. I'm thunkin it should be on a hot in run spot. Am I correct in thinkg so? Truck sits for quite a while n I think it's draining the battery. Only thing I can find that MAY be pulling juice.

Last edited:

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Cuz you reading the wrong stuff obviously :rofl: I have never seen that. ALWAYS switched ignition, that being hot in run or accessory.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Cuz you reading the wrong stuff obviously :rofl: I have never seen that. ALWAYS switched ignition, that being hot in run or accessory.
Well got home today and decided to play with Huck since ain't had time this week. I open passenger door n that's when I noticed the stupid lil flip down 12v ports, the cover somehow pushed the dash cam plug back into the port..... so truck had been sittin there all this time with dashcam pullin on the battery. Unplugged it n swapped batteries n put on charge. It will get plugged into another port and once I get the flexplate replaced I won't have to worry bout the camera killing battery as I'll be driving it more.... well maybe not since gettin company truck this week. Damn f550.

Oh and back to the remote wire.... that wasn't my remote wire. It's the wiring to power the relay that runs my "A-hole" lights. So tragedy avoided. I really need to maybe label these wires to the best of my memory.