Ac help on a 97 c1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gfercaks33

Reaction score
Just picked up a 97 after not having an obs for almost 15 years and I’m trying to fix some stuff on it.

I tried to knock out two birds with one stone today, I knew the ac didn’t work and I didn’t like the radio. I went to turn the knobs for the first time from owning the truck and nothing on the ac controller does anything (no lights or blower kick on for heat or air).

went ahead and pulled the radio out and noticed duct tape on the top circuit board and that the harness for the defrost (non defrost truck) was broken and when I tried unplug the off-high switch the whole thing crumbled out, and the weirdest part was when I unplugged the harness in the far right the door chime turned on and stayed on (is that normal).

First start is ordering a new controller, from there I will check the fuse, any other suggestions? I need to be able to turn the blower on to check the compressor and recharge.

Thank you in advanced!

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First start is ordering a new controller

Another GMT400 member ordered a controller earlier this week, got a Dorman. It seems to work for him, although he's still debugging his AC:

Gfercaks33

Reaction score
Another GMT400 member ordered a controller earlier this week, got a Dorman. It seems to work for him, although he's still debugging his AC:

I’m hoping it’s just the panel but expecting the worst.

Gfercaks33

Reaction score
update. Just went out and looked. The number 12 fuse was blown, it had a 10amp not a 25 amp fuse in it. I now have a blower motor in the run position. I need to check the rest of it out to see if I can get the compressor to click on and to see if the actuators work.