Ac Control panel not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Esmond72

Reaction score
I have a 1990 Chevy C1500 5.7
i have replaced all of the ac system underneath the hood
The AC blows cold no issues with it
My AC panel with glitch out and all of the number/arrows on the display will all flash for a few seconds and then the entire panel goes dead
I also hear a clicking sound coming from behind the glove box and also what sounds like when a tape is put into a tape player and it does not work and scratches the tape up i know it sounds weird but it is the only way i can describe is honestly
also i do not have the max or recirculate button on the ac control panel
Approx 1-2 minutes after the display will turn and the AC will work completely fine
The panel will not mess up if the ac is not on and it will not glitch out if nothing is being used

jd33173

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine was freaking when i hit the blinkers, it was a ground issue but no less annoying for being an easy fix. i was pretty busy so it took me a month to spend the 10 mins to fix it.

Esmond72

Reaction score
I will check to see if it happens when i hit the blinkers.
Which ground was it that was messed up

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
May want to take a look at my prior thread about fixing/replacing a failed HVAC controller.

Hint: In my case, it was a bad connection behind the glove box, in addition to broken solder joints in the controller itself.