Ac blowing hot air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tanvortec

Reaction score
I’m honestly lost on this one I ran a vacuum all night. It held good with no leaks so I added the freon and oil the compressor kicks on and the dryer got cool but not cold and a lot of water was coming out of the drain but it was still blowing hot I went in the cab and checked everything all the doors are working just fine yet it’s still blowing hot air the only thing I could find was a unplugged connector but I’m not sure what its for or if it’s even affecting the ac but know everything else seems to be working

Attachments

• IMG_4076.jpeg
    IMG_4076.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4075.jpeg
    IMG_4075.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 7

docstoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Year,make,model, powertrain any modifications ? Shouldn't add oil just for evac and recharge. What's been done ? Not enough info to answer question

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
I’m honestly lost on this one I ran a vacuum all night. It held good with no leaks so I added the freon and oil the compressor kicks on and the dryer got cool but not cold and a lot of water was coming out of the drain but it was still blowing hot I went in the cab and checked everything all the doors are working just fine yet it’s still blowing hot air the only thing I could find was a unplugged connector but I’m not sure what its for or if it’s even affecting the ac but know everything else seems to be working
You're holding a connector to one of the actuator motors that controls airflow and temperature in the HVAC box. Whereabouts in the dash did you find this loose connector? Maybe near the middle of the dash? That would be to the actuator that controls the temperature mix. It operates a flap inside the HVAC box that divides airflow between the evaporator core and the heater core.

You'll want to hook it back up and try again. Here's a pic with the dash not installed; you can see the actuator motor (in this case it has a white label on it, yours may appear different) near dead-center in this pic, to the right of the A/C control module hanging by the wiring.
You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

Tanvortec

Reaction score
You're holding a connector to one of the actuator motors that controls airflow and temperature in the HVAC box. Whereabouts in the dash did you find this loose connector? Maybe near the middle of the dash? That would be to the actuator that controls the temperature mix. It operates a flap inside the HVAC box that divides airflow between the evaporator core and the heater core.

You'll want to hook it back up and try again. Here's a pic with the dash not installed; you can see the actuator motor (in this case it has a white label on it, yours may appear different) near dead-center in this pic, to the right of the A/C control module hanging by the wiring.

Richard
Thank you so much I’ve been trying to figure that out for a while I’m gonna get that plugged in and see if it that will fix it

Tanvortec

Reaction score
Year,make,model, powertrain any modifications ? Shouldn't add oil just for evac and recharge. What's been done ? Not enough info to answer question
98 Silverado 5.7 engine is stock and I flushed the system completely and changed the evaporator set vac let it hold over night then added the oil and freon everything seems to be working it’s just blowing hot air I’m gonna plug those wires back in and try it again

Tanvortec

Reaction score
It worked!!! Thank you

Richar