Abs delete proportioning valve lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Freedom

Reaction score
Ok, 1996 c 3500 Cheyenne. 5.7 4L80E hydroboost OEM master cylinder. I am going to delete abs and install summit proportioning valve. OEM master cylinder front reservoir are for the rear drums reservoir closest to firewall is for front disc that is common knowledge. Should I run front outlet (rear brakes) on MS to back inlet of proportioning Valve. And back outlet on MS ( closest to firewall ) to front inlet on proportioning valve for front brakes. I seen it done both ways, Crossover and inline. Summit tech support says run inline, but that doesn't sit right with me when looking at Valve diagram.What do you all think?

Attachments

• 17237685470402316438475953717647.jpg
    17237685470402316438475953717647.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 14

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is not a "proportioning valve". Well, it's not ONLY a proportioning valve.

That is a combination valve. Metering (holdoff) valve for the front brakes, proportioning valve for the rear brakes, and a Safety Switch in-between.

LOOK at your existing "ABS" unit. Plumb the new combination valve similar to the original combo valve bolted to the ABS module. Front brake plumbing goes to the metering valve (has rubber cap). Rear brake plumbing goes to the proportioning valve. Electrical connector goes to the safety switch.

But the real question is why are you removing the ABS? That's pretty-much a "last resort" after a thorough diagnosis leading to the conclusion that the ABS unit itself is faulty...and you can't get a replacement from a Treasure Yard. Have you even tried bleeding it with a scan tool? Probably hasn't been done since the truck was new. Are the wheel speed sensors functional? Checked for codes?

KansasOBS

Not Awesome
Reaction score
I ran mine the opposite of what summit shows there, didn't get it from them, but same combination valve. Pretty much going by the same knowledge that you mentioned in your post.

Have no problems stopping, it'll put me in the dash if I press hard enough. Running 40" semi tires, but also did the NBS master, and front caliper swap. Semi metallic pads.