A/C blows hot air but compressor works

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Freaqie

Reaction score
When i turn on my a/c in my 1994 GMC c1500, it only blows hot air but the compressor spins and the metal tube thing gets cold so what could be the issue? i recharged the a/c about a month ago and it worked good for a couple weeks and now it’s blowing hot air all the time no matter what.

jd33173

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Possible leak. I would look around for greasy areas at ac connectors, hoses etc indicating refrigerant and/or oil is leaking out from that location and then, once you address the suspected leak, get a good vacum on the sytem and see if it holds for a couple hours before recharging w refrigerant and go from there. Doesnt hold vacum? U still got a leak somewhere

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When i turn on my a/c in my 1994 GMC c1500, it only blows hot air but the compressor spins and the metal tube thing gets cold
HOW "cold"?

i recharged the a/c about a month ago and it worked good for a couple weeks and now it’s blowing hot air all the time no matter what.
Recheck high- and low-side pressures. Seems like the refrigerant has leaked-out.

Unless it's been done recently, I'd be replacing EVERY O-ring in the system, and leak-testing ALL the components.