'99 C2500 Horn Contact broken

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M_Gumby

Reaction score
Good afternoon folks,

Either i am a bad researcher, or I'm not searching for the correct information. I am trying to find a way to fix my horn. It's been broke for the few months that I've had my truck, and I have honestly been putting it off. Yesterday a lady almost backed up into me, so I thought it was time to get this thing replaced. Here's some pictures of what I'm working with:

This is the contact behind the cover, when I connect the negative the horn just starts honking like normal. I'm assuming the previous owner might've physically abused this steering wheel from time to time (Haven't we all)

You must be registered for see images attach

This picture shows the back of the plate with the negative taken off. It looks like there's supposed to be some clips at the bottom maybe?

This REALLY bad picture shows the back side of the cover, notice how the plastic bracket it completely shattered on the right side.

Does anyone have replacement parts or a shopping list of items to at least OEM repair parts (I had a bad experience with an aftermarket MAF) That can at least get the horn in working condition? I can fix the cover later. Thanks in advance!

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
From that amount of damage I'd say you want a new or good used horn button. You'll need one from a non-airbag truck, obviously. 2500/3500/3500HD from 1995-up. The damage you've found though is somewhat typical of these, most of them having been used as work trucks.

Richard