88-91 cluster terminal de-pin?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kriegs

Reaction score
Ok Ive got the 91 needle gauge cluster iam trying to install in my 90.

I cant for the life of me get these bloody terminals out of the black connector, and ive removed the little white lock piece that keeps them in place.
Ive tried using a pick but all it does is mangle the connector and pin...is there a specific tool or something? I cant really see the tab or lock of the pin to see where to release it from the connector.

Kriegs

Reaction score
nope, got the connector out of the dash to access the removal of pins.I had to trim some of the dash to get it out as well...I cant seem to get the actual pins out of the plastic connector/cluster plug it self for swapping them to the correct position for the 91 cluster

Last edited:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, OK. Did you take a small cotter pin, open it up and push it in the connector side (flat side against the terminal) to depress the locking clip then pull the wire out?

Edit: You need to apply a little pressure against the back of the terminal to free up the locking clip, then pull the wire out.

Kriegs

Reaction score
Got it fingered out after manhandling one out...also found a pic of a similar connector pin.
had to insert a paper clip on the small window next to the terminal to release the hold.
https://www.dynamicefi.com/RePinHowTo.php
You must be registered for see images attach

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've hammered baling wire and ground it narrower to get a pin out. Also, when you replace your wiper blades, save those thin strips of metal that back up the rubber piece.