Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SR104

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I’m sure others have thought of this idea but I don’t see any threads discussing it… or I just didn’t look it up correctly.

I’ve always disliked how in these interiors they did away with a nice shift boot for the 4x4 and instead put a large, bulky plastic box over it and called it good.

So I wanted to find a boot that could possibly replace it, tried looking up shifter boots for these thinking someone may have made one with the same idea in mind - no dice.

So then I look into local junkyards and find one that may or may not work, I believe it was out of a newer model Tahoe if I remember correctly? Either way, looks like it could work?

I guess the reason for the post is if anyone has done this before maybe some tips for the conversion? Or maybe you know of a boot and/or floor plate that is specifically made for this?

Also replacing the old carpet for gray carpet to match the interior better, so it made me think of this idea again before I go replacing the carpet. Yes I’m aware the boot I found isn’t the nicest looking and if anyone has any better fitting boot suggestions lemme know!

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_2331.jpeg
    IMG_2331.jpeg
    410.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2332.jpeg
    IMG_2332.jpeg
    381.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2333.jpeg
    IMG_2333.jpeg
    290.3 KB · Views: 11

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Part of problem is the long lever travel. Earlier four-wheel drives the lever handle had less lever travel, and fancy upscale interior pieces were not a thing. 86 K3500 , small square boot on transfer case lever.

SR104

Reaction score
Part of problem is the long lever travel. Earlier four-wheel drives the lever handle had less lever travel, and fancy upscale interior pieces were not a thing. 86 K3500 , small square boot on transfer case lever.
Right, I’ve always liked how the Squarebody boots look… any ideas on how it may be able to work? Perhaps some kind of lever modification?