2 MAP sensor codes and engine idles high after new IAC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997c1500

Reaction score
I bought a new duralast idle air control valve for my 1990 c1500 with the 5.7. It now idles high. Put the old one back in. It’s a little better but now I have a code for Map sensor voltage is high and the map sensor voltage is low. I am stumped on why my truck runs like garbage.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you measure pintle extension and follow reset procedure in service manual? What codes? High , low, or both ?

1997c1500

Reaction score
Did you measure pintle extension and follow reset procedure in service manual? What codes? High , low, or both ?
Both. I have also found like 4 different reset procedures. I do not know which one to follow. I also don’t have the ALDR thing I’ve heard about.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The ALDL is GM nomenclature for Assembly Line Diagnostic Link. Also known as, depending on year and shape, ObD 1, or Obd 2 connector port. Generally identified by whether your an obd1 or obd 2 vehicle.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a code for Map sensor voltage is high and the map sensor voltage is low.

What is/are the code(s)?

@1997c1500, do you have a copy of the factory service manual for your year? There available for download on GMT400, if not. They can be found here:

For that matter, the factory service manual should have troubleshooting flowcharts for those MAP error codes; those will likely provide some insight.

@GoToGuy mentions a good point, the IAC may not be performing as expected for the reasons he stated. IIRC, the IAC will eventually find its "desired" operating condition after some period of time / some number of engine on/off cycles, w/o a "reset procedure".

Last edited: