1999 Burban adding another to the herd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guess the OBS thing is a bit addictive, came across a suburban i couldn't pass up so i traded my cateye suburban for and im well pleased with the trade.

I don't think Ive ever came across one this nice and all original in the wild especially at 251K miles

the cateye i traded off
You must be registered for see images attach

the 99

I used to work for the shop that had it so i seen it on the back row a few times, waiting on decisions as to what was going to happen to it. So when the time came i could get it i snatched it lol.

It also came with parts already purchased by shop, needed to repair. Which wasn't nothing major mainly maintenance stuff, didn't picture parts replacement but was water pump and bypass hoses, front and rear brakes, master cylinder, coolant flush

Do have one of the odd pitting on the rotor and out of 14 yrs in the automotive field i don't believe Ive seen this before

Now the bad part (to me) was the water leak from the windshield and the seam sealer on the cowl, so new windshield and reseal cowl

Last edited:

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

also deleted oil cooler lines, never needed, nor like, nor trusted them on anything ive own seen too many blow out over the years and take the engine with them

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did a P01 pcm swap and other then that, just been cleaning on the thing and bringing to back as close as possible to its former glory

Tried smoked taillights but kills the look I'm going for so stocks will be going back in

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also deleted oil cooler lines, never needed, nor like, nor trusted them on anything ive own seen too many blow out over the years and take the engine with them

Those oil coolers are a mixed blessing.

On the S10 trucks the lines always seemed to leak, and one friend got a new engine from GM after the 4.3L engine on his S10 lost all oil at 30kmi (in warranty) b/c of a line failure.

I've never deleted an oil cooler, but when present I watch the lines like a hawk.

My 1998 Suburban doesn't have one.

We've a 1998 K2500 that does.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those oil coolers are a mixed blessing.

On the S10 trucks the lines always seemed to leak, and one friend got a new engine from GM after the 4.3L engine on his S10 lost all oil at 30kmi (in warranty) b/c of a line failure.

I've never deleted an oil cooler, but when present I watch the lines like a hawk.

My 1998 Suburban doesn't have one.

We've a 1998 K2500 that does.
That is crappy a set blowing out at 30k

I'm too compulsive over things to watch those lines id never enjoy driving whatever it was all I'd think about is those lines lol

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You aren't kidding how clean it is!! The rear seats look like they've never been sat in. So what exactly are your plans for it currently?
Right now its on daily duty, as for future plans it'll be LS swapped and it'll look stock as possible, mainly because I've never been a fan of the 96-98 vortec era of engine

I'll also do a 2/2 or 2/3 drop, I'd love to go low low but i can't bring myself to cut it up