1996 k1500 chevy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi so this morning I was starting my truck and my hand ended up hitting my window lock and then I rolled my window up after that my truck locked its self and I wasn't able to roll my windows down anymore and then after that my brake lights will now stay constantly on my truck will be off and they will still be on the only way I was able to shut the brake lights off was to take the relay out and it is my brake lights not my running lights does anyone know what the issue could be I figured it might be the brake light switch but the window lock locking my truck doors is weird never seen it before

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Punctuation matters. I'm not sure what you're asking, and if we can't understand you, you won't get good help.

As far as the brake lights staying on, check your rear harness and ensure the ground wire isn't broken or missing. Missing ground wires can cause all kinds of stupid, wonky problems.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi so this morning I was starting my truck and my hand ended up hitting my window lock and then I rolled my window up after that my truck locked its self...

Help us help you. We can only 'see' what you share with us. In order to be able to look at the
correct diagrams, we need to know WHICH year, base work truck or fully loaded Suburban, which
drivetrain, etc.

Also, any modifications that change the electrical landscape. Any changes from the way the vehicle
was originally built? (Engine swap, etc) Any recent collision repair in the vicinity of where you are
currently experiencing an electrical malfunction?

Bottom line what you shared might start a conversation if we were both standing at a gas pump.
But over here in upstate NY I literally don't know where to begin to help you in Whitmore Lake.

But we are more than willing to help a fellow GMT400 owner in need. Please restate what's going
on and we'll start the remote troubleshooting process.

Best of luck ---