Fuel line?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
So I picked up a truck on Wednesday to replace my 98 and it has a 3 inch body lift on it and looking around I noticed that the smaller line leading from the tank up the fuel filler neck is cut instead of extended. It't not the actual filler line but the smaller one next to it. My question is will this kill my gas mileage or harm anything, should I get a new line or try and just get a new piece of line to slide over both ends and just clamp it on as a patch(this because it would be cheaper and I am low on cash)?
Any advice or help is appreciated.

This is the truck in question
http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?1315-The-98-is-gone-and-the-00-is-here

Thanks

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it's the hose I think you are referring to it's the vent tube used while filling up the tank, you put gas in the big hose, and the air being displaced by the gas your putting in travels up that smaller hose, seem's like it's about 3/4 or so I.D., it should not hurt mileage but if you fix it, it should speed up your refueling process. When the air has to travel up the big hose at the same time gas is coming down it really slows down the whole process. I have a friend with a truck that has had that same hose plugged, it takes him forever to get the tank full.

Low 89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd assume thats just due to the gas vapour being emitted from it more quickly.

On a side note, you might wanna update your sig :)

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
You need to patch that line back to the where it connects to the filler neck. That way the evaporated gas fumes will stay in the tank instead of releasing out under your truck.