Dad's '98 Resto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
So what’s new for today???

The back side and inner rockers got rustproofed with cavity wax sprayed inside. The frame also was undercoated since there was some red paint overspray. Rear wheel wells are looking great too!!

Oh yea, also made my window tint appointment today for sometime in June.

On a side note, I’m really not liking the factory wheels at the moment since they look so rough compared to the rest of the truck :D

You must be registered for see images attach

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what’s new for today???

The back side and inner rockers got rustproofed with cavity wax sprayed inside. The frame also was undercoated since there was some red paint overspray. Rear wheel wells are looking great too!!

Oh yea, also made my window tint appointment today for sometime in June.

On a side note, I’m really not liking the factory wheels at the moment since they look so rough compared to the rest of the truck :D

It's always the way when you get new shiny paint and then everything around it looks worse by comparison. When I painted mine I got new light lenses and badges etc, then the window rubbers and door handles etc needed upgrading but it was worthwhile as the whole truck looked new then. You are nearly there now, you must be itching to go cruising in it and seeing the looks and comments you will get.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
It's always the way when you get new shiny paint and then everything around it looks worse by comparison. When I painted mine I got new light lenses and badges etc, then the window rubbers and door handles etc needed upgrading but it was worthwhile as the whole truck looked new then. You are nearly there now, you must be itching to go cruising in it and seeing the looks and comments you will get.
You aren’t kidding. I bought new rubber moldings and took them to the shop already along with new rubber seals for the door windows. Windshield and door window glass are all new and I have new head/parking lights and sidemarkers in the garage. Still need to order new taillights. Once I get it back, it will be going in for fresh tint and then LineX will be getting sprayed.

That will take care of it for a bit lol.

Last edited:

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Stopped over at the shop today to drop off the front lights. Seeing the truck fully intact is crazy after looking at it in pieces the last few months.

Wet sanding has commenced!!

On a side note, I sold the old vinyl tonneau cover off the truck today and the kid rolled up in this pretty clean ‘97 K2500.

Last edited: