89 RCLB K1500 - Quality time with my son building his first truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
I vote C8. But you should get another GMT400 too.
I vote C8 as well. My son graduates from UGA on May 10, so the wife and I are getting a raise! The wheel's are turning and trying figure out how to convince her WE need a C8 or classic Vette. The price on a good used '20-'22 C8 are becoming reasonable. New, at least for me, not so much. Z06, out of the question.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I worked on blending the ridges that the machining left right below the valve seats. On the exhaust I used a carbide burr bit and an 80 grit roll cartridge. On the intake just the 80 grit. Only spent about an hour on it and got a pretty good start. I’m struggling to get any good pictures of what it looks like now. These don’t do it justice.
There’s more work to do on them as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the heads all finished this weekend. I know enough about porting heads, to know that I would probably hurt flow if I tried anything fancy. So I just cleaned up the ports and chambers by blending in any sharp edges that would affect the flow. I also opened up the intake ports so that they were not smaller than the manifold ports.

Then I cleaned them up and lapped the valves in. After that I lubed up the valve guides and started assembly. I used Trick Flow beehive valve springs that are recommended for the Summit roller cam that I’ll be using.

On to the short block.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here they are today, ready to go.

RacerM95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion that,
1. My son, being almost 16, still makes some pretty questionable decisions. (I can’t believe I’m saying this) So less horsepower is probably a better decision for him.
My "Kid" being 30 still makes "them" questionable decisions..... So his Audi Motor although capable of 1,000 horse power.. Im going to govern it to 800. (not tell him how to up it) I do know what its like to work with the kid, Now My Grand Daughter (11) is working on cars with me.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My "Kid" being 30 still makes "them" questionable decisions..... So his Audi Motor although capable of 1,000 horse power.. Im going to govern it to 800. (not tell him how to up it) I do know what its like to work with the kid, Now My Grand Daughter (11) is working on cars with me.
But then he’ll only have 800 horses. :biggrin: