20x9s -24 need tire help for front fitment on 5/7 drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Front Tire sizing question for the crowds who have done 20x9 5” drop or 4” drop specifically up front .

I’ can’t really determine what to assume will work for a tire or what to go with safely. Not buying returning guessing etc it’s to much to deal with $$ mounting dismounting etc …

I’ have these 20” Moto metals m0962 20x9s -24 offset black powder coated that wouldn’t look to bad with a
low-pro 20” tire. They’re technically usually used as an offroad wheel…I ran them on my 6” lift with 33s .

I Can’t seem to really off them easily on market place due to the 5x5 lug pattern no-one needs … so I said F” it I’m gonna use them for now.

I had them on the lift which I sold the lift and have fully acquired all the drop parts and just done the rear flip and C- notch this week on this suburban “finally”.

I do own the cleannnn stock 15” wheels (Nice shape) 235/60s tires but also own these black powder coated 20s . So I know I can run a 20” tire and assume I can run them on the front with a 4”-5” drop. I’ve seen plenty trucks and suburbans dropped and a few online with 20s
In set up for going with 5” or 4”
I have 2” spindles and 3” coils for 5” Total.
I could even just do 4” and just run a 1” lift spacer on top of the spring since I am not returning the springs to DJM for a diff set . (( shipping to costly)) return window closed the whole 9.

What 20” tire would be a good clear choice to clear full steer without any fender rolling .. on 88-98 front end so I can have some what of a nice wheel and utilize these 800$ wheels just sitting here.

I’ve seen 235-45s I’ve heard 245s mentioned

Like said worst case for now I can run my stock wheels 235/60/15 and be fine if need be but I’d like to use a nicer rim seeing as I own them .

I feel like I should be able to still run the full 5” drop I don’t wanna get it all together to just redo the coil setup if the right 20” tire won’t clear .
*20x9
* -24 offset
* 4.5 back space
I also understand with these slammed rear ends im not sure if im gonna fine a 235/245 feeling very good on the road . As the where a 15” and taller tire will make up for a lot of cushion.

The rear tire fitment will be fine regardless at 8” flip/ drop or even at 6-7” I have the lift hangers and 1-2” lift shackle on hand to adjust some if need lift it some !
It is a deep enough wheel well to tuck the offset Im fairly sure .

Last edited:

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is test fit (PHOTOS) at Stock ride height up front !
The wheel clears full steer on the bumper side on the 33” tires
The full left steer rubs at inner fender (point) midway!
The 33s are going away ! But this is just for a visual idea to gather assumptions or certainty on the best tire size for a 4-5” drop . With the offset looking like it does in the pics I feel like I can go 4” with Short tire ? What do you guys think ?

I def don’t think it’s gonna tuck up front and maybe not even in the rear but so that’s gonna make the drop have to be right at the fender edges
You must be registered for see images attach

So I just have to envision 4” drop on the wheel with a over all diameter that’s smaller then 33” by a lot but enough to still work with the drop and give me some sidewall for a good ride

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm on a 4/6 drop with 20x8.5s, with 4.75 back space, using 245/45R20 tires (all 4). I bought the 2" drop spindles with no change to the track width. I decided to roll my front fender lips as they were looking really close to just barely hitting the tires on larger bumps. Everything else clears fine.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a lot of wheel for that drop. I would not run that. More backspacing needed. I agree with FLGS400.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s not necessarily a lot of wheel it’s just a lot of tire and to much tire for that Drop .. that why I suspect I could have ran a common 20” lo-pro tire and did a less extensive drop like a 3-4” front

I’m gonna just run the stock 15s it will be a better ride..over all I’ll invest in 15x7 American race wheels of some sort down the line for a nicer rim .

I just thoug it since I own them make it work but for the cost of 20” tires I can get nicer classic style 15s for this drop

I suppose if I was staying stock height these would work with a decent 20” tire

Last edited: